Measuring Effectiveness - Providing Professional Dialogue
The evaluation unit of the Branco Weiss Institute engages in both internal and external evaluation of a broad variety of programs involving education and the community. The unit encourages the professionalization of the Institute and other organizations active in the field of education in several ways:
- Measuring the effectiveness of the educational programs run by the Institute (or by its partners or other educational agencies)
- Encouraging a significant professional dialogue among the educational staff, based on reliable and diverse data from both qualitative and quantitative sources
- Inculcating work strategies that have been found useful, based on evaluations of the effectiveness of our activities
- Disseminating the practical professional knowledge accumulated by the Institute's units
Developing measurement and evaluation tools suitable for the Institute's activities in the scholastic, personal-emotional, and social dimensions.
Every year evaluation programs are designed in collaboration with the relevant members of the staff. At the end of the year, after the findings have been compiled and analyzed, operative conclusions are drawn and incorporated in the Institute's work plans.
Main Areas of Activity
Every school year, evaluation programs are designed for the Institute's main units, including:
1. An evaluation of work strategies and their outcomes in the Branco Weiss school network:
A multi-year tracking system has been designed to follow students' achievements and functioning in various areas, their needs, and their sense of well-being (as well as that of the educational staff)
Various school intervention programs are evaluated, along with their impact on the schools.
|Read the 2007/8 Evaluation Report of the Branco Weiss Schools Network|
2. An evaluation of the Institute's intervention programs for the advancement of underachieving and outstanding students in Israel's social and geographic periphery:
The evaluation programs, which are designed in collaboration with the various echelons of those who run the educational programs, examine the effectiveness of the several strategies for improving students' functioning in various areas and help the staff achieve their objectives. Multi-year evaluations are conducted of the programs for excellence, the special programs for Ethiopian-Israelis, the programs for fostering thinking, and so forth.
|Read the 2005-2009 SPACE Program Evaluation Report|